Odd time/date stamp in maillog

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Aug 23 13:49:18 IST 2006

Colin,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Colin Jack wrote:

> ... it is just that MailScanner seems to use the  time zone from
> /etc/sysconfig/clock

If you know the correct format of your timezone, put it in this file
replacing the new york entry

failing that you could, in your startup script put somthing like this:
TZ='Australia/Brisbane' ; export TZ
(of cource replace mine with your timezone)

> Maybe CentOS uses another file for its date in which case I need to tell
> MailScanner where to find it.

CentOS is essentially RH, just minor mods so I doubt it uses anything
weird, however its base server install package list leaves a lot to be
desired, and does omit key packages.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd