Odd time/date stamp in maillog

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 13:38:10 IST 2006

Yeah  ... that's what I got.

If I run date it says the time is correct

[root at server1 ~]# date
Wed Aug 23 13:34:22 BST 2006
[root at server1 ~]#

 ... it is just that MailScanner seems to use the  time zone from
/etc/sysconfig/clock

Maybe CentOS uses another file for its date in which case I need to tell
MailScanner where to find it.

Regards

Colin

1. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential & access by anyone
other than the addressee(s) is unauthorised.
2. The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed and neither
Mainline IT nor Mainline Internet will accept claims arising as a result
of using this medium.
3. Any opinions expressed herein are the opinions of the author and are
not those of either Mainline IT or Mainline Internet.
4. Although all email is scanned for viruses, it is the responsibility of
the recipient to ensure they have adequate anti-virus defences.