A question about mqueue.in directory

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 10:40:25 IST 2006

Hakan VELIOGLU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new with sendmail and mailscanner, and I got a question about mqueue.in
> directory. Our mailgateway server is up for two weeks and it has 566 old files
> in /var/spool/mqueue.in/ directory.
>
> Is it normal? and why this happens?

Yes.  Unless you are getting qf files as well as the df files.

The df files are generated first and if there is a milter error or the
remote server disconnects the files are left in the directory.

If you have qf files then you need to do more investigation as
MailScanner should be processing them and deleting them.

matt