Thoughts on Barracudas?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Aug 21 21:01:42 IST 2006

> DefenderMX packages all of the application as rpms which use install.sh or
> upgrade.sh scripts to do all the work. Very easy to install or upgrade.
> Version 2.0 (out this fall) will use `yum` to make this even less of a
> challenge :)

Now there is one of the last differences between DefenderMX and a Barracuda.
The option of easy updates. When that version is out, you could almost set
cron to do weekly yum updates, and your system would stay up-to-date.

I am afraid that if I had a Defender, my PHB's might decide I don't have
enough to do!  ;-)

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and