Adding Exchage IMF "header" with MailScanner

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Mon Aug 21 17:50:30 IST 2006

Exchange 2003 SP2 has added a "Intelligent Mail Filter" to allow it to deal with
spam messages identified by systems like MailScanner or other appliance based
solutions.

Basically, it looks for the following header(s):

More details can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/28d3a5c2-8509-4b25-9876-763536e77c27.mspx?mfr=true

So, my question is -- can I add this header with MailScanner, inserting the
appropriate spam score after the header, e.g.:

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL:5

The trick is, I don't want to mess with my existing header adds, I want to add
this in addition to my normal ones (X-Spam-Score: XX).  I see where I can add
additional headers in the:

Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

However, it is unclear how to insert the spam score "value" in the "value" area
that it needs to be in.  It is also unclear from the Microsoft docs if the
"score" can be anything other than whole numbers (e.g. can't be 5.5 but 5 is
OK).  So, a way to "round" the score would be helpful.

Any pointers?

Mike Bacher / listacct at tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services
http://www.tulsaconnect.com