Thoughts on Barracudas?

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Mon Aug 21 14:38:30 IST 2006

We've had several customers test DefenderMX (Commercial product based on
MailScanner / SpamAssassin with web interface) against different anti-spam
products including Barracuda. Barracuda has not won yet. In tests where more
than 2 products were tested, Barracuda never even placed second.

You can't run Barracuda on your own hardware.

Domain based settings for most configuration items are not available

And if you want to scan outbound email, you'll need two Barracudas, one to
can inbound mail and one to scan outbound mail. That can get pretty pricy.

The complaint we've heard most often was poor technical support but to be
fair, that was a while back and it may have improved by now.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
Fort Systems Ltd.
stephen.swaney at fsl.com