Postfix 2.3 and MailScanner

Holger Gebhard holger at gebhardweb.de
Sun Aug 20 02:05:31 IST 2006

Hi Julian,
Hi Group,

i run mailscanner with postfix (split queues) for many years with no
problems.
Currently running mailscanner version 4.52.2.

The last week i upgraded postfix from 2.2 to 2.3.
After the upgrade i can see some strange warnings from postfix in my
mail-logs: "ignoring out-of-order DSN original recipient..."

I searched some group and found this threat:

http://groups.google.de/group/list.postfix.users/browse_thread/thread/8185dfd727a9c61c/8257ccf669d80019?lnk=st&q=%22out-of-order+dsn+original+recipient%22&rnum=1&hl=de#8257ccf669d80019

The strange is that only some messages are affected by this failure not all.

I tried both postfix implementations (single postfix with hold queue and
split queues with two postfix instances) with no success. The warning is
still there with some messages.

Fortunately the affected messages are still being delivered.
But where come this failure from?

Holger