Filesys::Df module error after upgrade

Douglas Ward dward at nccumc.org
Sat Aug 19 19:52:37 IST 2006

Thank you for this information.  When I run the command you suggested I see
the following failure message (missing package Digest::SHA produces the same
error):

[root at mxtest douglas]# cpan -i Filesys::Df
CPAN: File::HomeDir loaded ok
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:32:44 GMT
Running install for module Filesys::Df
Running make for I/IG/IGUTHRIE/Filesys-Df-0.92.tar.gz

  CPAN: checksum security checks disabled because Digest::SHA not installed.
  Please consider installing the Digest::SHA module.

Scanning cache /root/.cpan/build for sizes
CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
Filesys-Df-0.92/
Filesys-Df-0.92/XS_statvfs
Filesys-Df-0.92/META.yml
Filesys-Df-0.92/test.pl
Filesys-Df-0.92/Changes
Filesys-Df-0.92/MANIFEST
Filesys-Df-0.92/typemap
Filesys-Df-0.92/Df.pm
Filesys-Df-0.92/XS_statfs
Filesys-Df-0.92/Makefile.PL
Filesys-Df-0.92/README
Removing previously used /root/.cpan/build/Filesys-Df-0.92
CPAN: Module::Signature loaded ok
Package came without SIGNATURE

  CPAN.pm: Going to build I/IG/IGUTHRIE/Filesys-Df-0.92.tar.gz

OS = linux
Checking for statvfs .....
d_statvfs is defined.
i_sysstatvfs is defined.
Building with statvfs ....
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Filesys::Df
CPAN: YAML loaded ok
cp Df.pm blib/lib/Filesys/Df.pm
/usr/bin/perl5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/ExtUtils/xsubpp -prototypes -typemap
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap  Df.xs > Df.xsc && mv
Df.xsc Df.c
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i386-linux/CORE/EXTERN.h', needed by `Df.o'.  Stop.
  /usr/bin/make install Df.pm -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:04:01 (GMT/BST), ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk <
ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Filesys-Df
>
> or