SASL authenticated users marked as spam

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Fri Aug 18 23:22:21 IST 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Tony Stocker wrote:
> Thanks all.  At the moment it appears that the RedHat provided Postfix
> does not support the smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header directive.  I've
> popped off an email, and hopefully as a paying customer we might have
> at least some kind of impact on them including an updated version
> soon.  In the meantime I think we may just have to restrict our
> roaming users, or live with the occassionaly bad score on their email.

Another approach, by the way, might be to accept submissions
on port 587, and but require authentication for any and all
activities on port 587.  Then configure all your roaming users
to submit through port 587, have that go into a separate queue,
and have MailScanner skip the spam checks on that queue.
(It might have to be a separate MailScanner instance.)