SASL authenticated users marked as spam

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:07:57 IST 2006

On 8/18/06, mikea <mikea at mikea.ath.cx> wrote:

> Julian's right, but you want to be sure that you're checking for this
> in a header you can trust, and not a header that the sender fabricated
> in _his_ machine.
>
> Remembber, to SMTP, headers are just part of the data.

Thanks all.  At the moment it appears that the RedHat provided Postfix
does not support the smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header directive.  I've
popped off an email, and hopefully as a paying customer we might have
at least some kind of impact on them including an updated version
soon.  In the meantime I think we may just have to restrict our
roaming users, or live with the occassionaly bad score on their email.
 Once RH has a compatible Postfix though I'll effect the change, and
do my best to make the header field somewhat unique so that it's less
likely to be spoofed.