Wiki is sick...

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 17 15:43:03 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:

>> cholera...
>> >>
>> > I choose hangover! ;-)
>> > Not fun to have, more fun to get, but you only WISH you died from it!
>>
>> I'll pay that one lol
>
> Selfinduced sickness..... I always prefer the part before the sickness
> arrives:-).
> If you swing by Stockholm, I'll chip in too, for some practical
> experimentation;-)
>
>> Hmmm on a side note I seem to have lost the responses to my post,
>> this is
>> the first... Michele can you tell me if any list posts to me are
>> bouncing?
>>
> Strange. See them in gmane?
>
> Amyway, a further sidenote... Wiki seems to be on the mend. Rather
> snappy ATM, and no errors... Did you move it Jules?

A few db-heavy pages on the WWW2006 conference (which has now finished
anyway) have been replaced by static copies of the same information.
That helped quite a bit.

www.mailscanner.info is now going to stay at Blacknight Solutions
(thanks Michele!). I am probably going to move wiki.mailscanner.info
there as well, as his service is rather more reliable than our own (but
please don't tell our webmaster this, I don't think he would like it
very much!).

The next time we have web server trouble here, I will move it all then.
I already have some scripts which need updates and tweaks to them to
upload everything to the new site, and switch the rsync to the other
way, so that it uses Blacknight as the primary and ECS as the mirror for
use in emergencies.

- --
Julian Field

believed to be clean.