OT - Greylisting (was: Re: gOCR SpamAssassin plugin)

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Aug 11 18:46:03 IST 2006

mikea wrote:

> I use both.
>
> Greet-pause is set to 15 seconds, and catches an _awful_ lot of them:
> Date    Count of greet-pause violations
> 710		133315
> 810     47917
>
> Many of these are same-IP woodpeckers. I'll look at a way to display
> the actual number of unique IP addresses that violated greet-pause per
> day.
>
> Greylisting catches a lot more: the count of mails that actually got
> to MailScanner went down big-time when I turned greylisting on.

Cool.  How'd you generate the counts?

Real Soon Now I'm going to implement milter-ahead (sleazy Exchange
server on the back end, sigh) so maybe I'll get milter-gris at the same
time.  Killing spam is *so* much fun...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500