MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Revision to 4.55

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 11 10:06:14 IST 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Julian Field wrote:

> What I ended up doing in the end was shipping a version of Sys-Syslog
> 0.17 that skips the "make test" stage, which can lock-up.
> 0.16 doesn't work at all on some systems, and 0.17 "make test" locks up
> on other systems.
>
> I wish the author of this could get his act together and produce some
> code which worked, it would make my life a whole lot easier :-(

Julian: Presumably you have informed the author, to alert him/her of the
problems we have encountered?  They might not be aware of any problems...

If you have informed then, and if your request has fallen into a black
hole, then perhaps someone here on the MailScanner list (especially,
perhaps, if they are already a CPAN maintainer) might be persuaded
(encouraged, cajoled, etc.) to adopt ownership of the module.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :