MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Revision to 4.55

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu Aug 10 21:53:50 IST 2006

Is there a reason you need Sys::Syslog as opposed to Unix::Syslog? The
biggest differences between them seem to be the fact that Unix::Syslog
doesn't open a network connection to syslogd (which may well cause some of
the problems on some linux systems), and  Unix::Syslog uses numeric
constants (parameters) in places that Sys::Syslog uses strings. Converting
to Unix::Syslog might be a better long term answer.

Rick

believed to be clean.