quarantine attachments & Dangerous content

James D. Parra Jamesp at MusicReports.com
Thu Aug 10 19:48:04 IST 2006

> In my past installs of mailscanner, attachments considered 'suspect' for
any
> various reason were put into quarantine for later retrieval. In the most
> recent install I made, these items are instead being deleted from the
e-mail
> message with a note in the e-mail stating that attachment was removed. For
> example;
>
> The content filters found this:
>    MailScanner: Message contained password-protected archive
>
> Where in the MailScanner.conf can I specify to have suspect attachments
> stored or quarantined and *not* deleted. If it is not in the
> mailscanner.conf file is the setting in another config file?

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your response. I made the following changes. I'll post the
results when the suspect mail is resent.

>Quarantine Infections = yes

Already set.

>Quarantine Silent Viruses = no

Also preset.

>Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame All-Viruses

Changed this by removing All-Viruses & Zip-Password, but left all the HTML
info.

Thank you,

~James