Huge Dcc logdir

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Wed Aug 9 15:27:05 IST 2006

Well, it seems to affect how dccifd gets launched too.  If I do:

% ps -ef | grep dcc
      dcc   755     1   0   Aug 04 ?           0:00
/opt/dcc-1.3.40/libexec/dccifd -tCMN,NEVER, -Linfo,mail.notice
-Lerror,mail.not
      dcc   756   755   0   Aug 04 ?           8:09
/opt/dcc-1.3.40/libexec/dccifd -tCMN,NEVER, -Linfo,mail.notice
-Lerror,mail.not

Note the "-t".  I don't specify the -t args anyplace explicitly.
It matches the manpage info I referred to.  Vernon Schryver referred
to the DCCM_LOG_AT setting of NEVER as a "primordial feature".
Back when DCC first crawled out of the swamp.  :)

Jeff Earickson
Colby College