Huge Dcc logdir

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Aug 9 14:45:26 IST 2006

Look at dcc_conf

# days to keep files in DCC log directories
DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS=14  <---  I think this is the default.

The cron-dccd and cron-dcc jobs do the cleanup process.

>>> adrik at salesmanager.nl 8/9/2006 8:33 AM >>>
> Hi,
>
> I just hunted down some wasted disk space and discovered huge
> amounts of msg-* files in /usr/local/dcc/log which is DCCs
> logdir. Somehow dcc decided to log every message. How can I
> turn this off? I am using dccifd with SpamAssassin.
>
> I know this is a bit OT. I am in a hurry, know that a lot of
> dcc and SpamAssassin people hang around here so please excuse
> this. :-)

Jan Peter,

Have a look in /usr/local/dcc/dcc_conf at the DCCM_LOG_AT and
DCCIFD_LOG_AT parameters.
These control the 'bulkiness' after which messages get logged.
You can also use the -t option of dccifd.

Regards,

Adri