Envelope-To and Bcc... heading OT...

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Mon Aug 7 09:39:29 IST 2006

Julian wrote:
> BG Mahesh wrote:
>> I somehow need sendmail to add another line like X-Rcpt-To which has
>> just ONE email id and our other email server [mdaemon] that downloads
>> the emails from a common pop account will use that field to deliver
>> the email. Currently Mdaemon is getting totally confused on whom to
>> deliver the email without this line :-(
>
> There is no way of telling which recipient is more important
> than any other recipient. They are just a list. I can't help
> your totally broken software, sorry.

mdaemon isn't totally broken ;) at least it doesn't destroy headers like
some *cough* exchange *cough* mailservers do.

What's wrong with having the sendmail server deliver via SMTP to the
mdaemon server? Mdaemon tries all kinds of ways to be clever at parsing
email from a collective POP box to deduce the correct recipient, but is
always going to be hindered by the intrisic brokenness of the method. It
deals with SMTP perfectly well, however.

regards

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com         | stef at l5net.net