mailscanner and SMTP AUTH

Christian Kowarzik ckowarzik at email.de
Fri Aug 4 09:39:42 IST 2006

Hi

I use the following spamassassin rules in my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf to decrease the
spamassassin score for email senders using smtp auth:

header          __OUR_AUTH              Received =~ /authenticated .* by smtp\.xxx\.de/i
header          __NOT_OUR_AUTH          Received !~ /authenticated .* by smtp\.xxx\.de/i
meta            INIT_RECVD_OUR_AUTH     __OUR_AUTH && ( __NOT_OUR_AUTH == 0)
describe        INIT_RECVD_OUR_AUTH     Initially received by us using authentication
tflags          INIT_RECVD_OUR_AUTH     nice
score           INIT_RECVD_OUR_AUTH     -20

First I test that the email was received using smtp-auth and second i test that there exists no
"non-authenticated" received lines in the email header.
So if both conditions are true I know that my email server initially received that email and the
sender is authenticated.

Christian