Spamassassin Timeouts

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at irc-addicts.de
Thu Aug 3 23:48:41 IST 2006

Hi there,

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Golden, James wrote:

> I received this info from Logwatch, but I am not sure if it is something
> I should be concerned about.  Would anyone else be kind enough to fill
> me in?  And what to do about it if it is not an OK thing?
>
> MailScanner Status:
>         21351 messages Scanned by MailScanner
>         968.5 Total MB
>         13531 Spam messages detected by MailScanner
>                 13531 Spam messages with action(s) store
>                 902 hits from MailScanner SpamAssassin cache
>         6 Viruses found by MailScanner
>         4 Banned attachments found by MailScanner
>         967 Content Problems found by MailScanner
>         7778 Messages delivered by MailScanner
>
>         61 SpamAssassin timeout(s
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

i also had those problems.
A lot of timeouts with spamassassin.

What worked for me (and please do not laugh) i setup a cronjob, which does
the following every 4 hours..

/usr/bin/sa-learn --force-expire --sync

and now there are no timeouts anymore and everything works just fine..

if there is another way to handle this problem..let me know =)

Marcel