Manpages / FreeBSD

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Thu Aug 3 19:46:35 IST 2006

On Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:24 AM Adri Koppes wrote:

> I promise not to kill you. :-)

I will take your word for it! :-)

> ManPages are nice to have on the system, but I think I can live
> without them if need be.
> Perhaps a compromise, where you install small and simple ManPages,
> which tell you to visit the web for more detailed and advanced
> information? These would only have to written once and never updated
> anymore.

Sounds like a good solution to me. I will need to adjust the port a bit due to several files not being in there anymore. Therefore it will be a few days before I can release the new version. Moreover I will have to look through the web documentation and see if there are FreeBSD specific things that I need to point out in the man pages or need to be ajusted on the web.

Regards,
  JP