SA rules_du_jour lint bug: FOUND

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Aug 3 18:54:03 IST 2006

Matt,

Doh!!  Thanks for pointing this out, I had always thought that
bayes_path was a directory name, not some strange combo of
directory + file prepend.  I fixed my spam.assassin.prefs.conf,
reverted to the original SA Conf.pm, everything works with
Rules_du_jour again.

Julian,

Could you please modify the spam.assassin.prefs.conf to include
the following useful comments (diff -c format)?

***************
*** 83,89 ****
--- 83,96 ----
   # FSL Note: we need to coordinate the Bayes File Placement
   # With MailWatch

+ # bayes_path should NOT be directory!
+ # The Rules_du_jour script will choke if it is a directory.
+ # It needs to be a full pathname, PLUS a partial filename.
+ # In this example, the trailing "bayes" will be the "bayes*"
+ # files in the directory "/etc/MailScanner/bayes/"
+ # Thanks to Matt Kettler for pointing this out.
   #bayes_path /etc/MailScanner/bayes/bayes
+
   # This is actually used as a mask, not a raw chmod setting.
   # Thanks for Matt Kettler for spotting this one.
   # Commented out: this if for MailWatch and Exim/Postfix users only.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College