ClamAV on FreeBSD - ports or Perl module?

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 22:06:27 IST 2006

On 2 Aug 2006, at 21:54, TCIS List Acct wrote:

> Drew Marshall wrote:
>
>> I would always say go with the ports. They are up dated pretty
>> regularly so never far behind the source any way.
>> I am also running the ClamAV Perl module on Perl 5.8.8 with out
>> threading (Admittedly in FreeBSD 6.0) and have no issues at all. I
>> would think you should be fine as you are although it's worth
>> monitoring MailScanner and chuck a few Eicar test viruses through
>> to make sure Clam (Via it's module) is being used, just to be sure.
>> Drew
>
> http://www.freshports.org/mail/p5-Mail-ClamAV/
>
> See entry on 23 Feb 2004
>
> I get that warning after I install that port..

Hmm, interesting. As Jan-Peter (The port maintainer) also just
happens to be a MailScanner user (And the maintainer for the MS port)
and a subscriber to the list, perhaps he could comment better. I am
running that version without threading and have done so for ages with
no issues, so I don't understand (Like normal ;-) ).

I'll drop him a line off list as he is a very busy lad and doesn't
always read every post from the list.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy