Sys::Syslog

Nick Smith nick.smith67 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:38:44 IST 2006

Hi Res,

Thanks for the reply...

On 8/2/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>

> > I downgraded Sys::Syslog back to 0.05 and it started working again
>
> I hope you mean 0.15 ?

...actually I do mean 0.05 - from Syslog.pm:

$VERSION = '0.05';

The Sys::Syslog module was simply the one bundled with the Perl 5.8.4
installation on the box - I've never touched it before, and probably
never would have done if the MS installation hadn't upgraded it :)

> A regression has been introduced between versions 0.15 and 0.17
> the changes should have been orthogonal to that functional part of the
> code affected by this problem and Sebastien is looking into it, be this
> part of your problem or not, time will tell :)

Interesting - unfortunately since I leapt from 0.05 to 0.17 without
ever having used 0.15 or 0.16 it isn't easy to tell

The bit that I really don't get though is why the test script would
work without ndelay being used yet MS seems to require it to make it
work

Thanks

Nick