A quick and easy performance improvement

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Tue Aug 1 14:49:51 IST 2006

Thanks Daniel, it does sound quite simple.  I will look at trying this.

Thanks
Chris

>>> "Daniel Maher" <daniel.maher at ubisoft.com> 08/01/06 9:43 AM >>>
Sure, it's actually quite simple.

I just created a ramdisk in the standard way, and mounted it as
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

I then created a simple cronjob that runs every couple of hours, which
runs sa- learn -- sync, and then copies the
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/bayes/* to a directory on a physical
disk.

I should point out that the contents of /bayes/ is around 500MB to
600MB on each of the servers in my mail pool, so the more RAM the
better. :)

--
  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.