Feature Request: MailScannerWebBug

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 27 15:31:16 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:55:56 +0200:

> Really? The only thing differentiating them are the name.

In which way? One could come up with a regexp matching the given examples,
sure. But it won't fit for other cases. One could just use fggghklreb.gif
as a web bug and there's no way to distinguish it from a "necessary"
image.

 They're (for
> all intents and purposes) web bugs, and should be squashed.

spacer gifs are sure not web bugs. My stance on this is that *I* don't
like HTML mail at all. However, if one wants to see it he should be able
to do so without garbled layout.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany