Qmail repeated Message-ID

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:21:17 IST 2006

On 18/04/06, Pravin Rane <pravin.rane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  This is my first posting to Mailscannner list.
>
>  I am using Qmail + MailScanner + Mailwatch + ClamAV + Spamassassin.
>
>  My problem is I am getting same messae-Ids for mulitple mails in Mailwatch
> interface. After searching in Mailwatch FAQ I found the author pointed to
> counsult with Mailscanner's  Author since all this information its getting
> from MailScanner.
>
>  Is there any work-arround (Patch) to get unique message-ids?. Since qmail
> uses same message-ids to different messages if it does not find that inode
> no. in queue.
>

>  Regards
>
>  Pravin Rane

(Sorry for the late reply.... I've been in the mountains (Skiing...
downhill.... formerly broken leg smarting as h*ll, but still....
Wonderful!:-))

This is pretty much the same problem Postfix used to have, and the
solution would be the same. I suggest you contact the maintainers of
the Qmail port (Openprotect, is it?) and suggest they do a similar fix
as Jules did for Postfix.
In the meantime, you can ... alleviate ... the problem by configuring
your system so that it is sure to have a high degree of i-node
consumption (pretty much everything on one partition/filesystem). Will
not cure it completely, but might at least make it not that frequent.
--
-- Glenn