MailScanner + Postfix = message doubles

Martin martin.lyberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 08:14:02 IST 2006

Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> 1. Check if they are really doubles, do this by comparing the message
> headers.

I've installed mailwatch, and will let you know if i catch any doubles
again.

> 2. Check you lock type in mailscanner, for postfix it is recommended
> that you leave it to the default (i think it ought to be 'blank').

Lock type is blank.

> 3. Check if your POP/IMAP server is responsible for this mess.

Hard to tell, i'm relaying for an internal exchange.

> 4. Are you using a cisco pix in front of your server.. if so, disable
> the fixup-protocol for smtp.

No cisco.

> Send the following details:
> OS?
> postfix version?
> MailScanner version?

Debian stable + testing
Postfix 2.2.10
MailScanner 4.51.5

> Post some logs pertaining to this problem

No logs available at this time. Will provide more info if it occurs again.

Thank you