Can the null address be specified in a ruleset?

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Wed Apr 19 00:05:06 IST 2006

Be careful, you're required by RFC (I forget which one) to treat <> as
a valid address (it essentially means
"MAILER-DAEMON at the.originating.host", and the reason yours is being
inserted is probably that your MTA is qualifying and canocializing and
such).  I don't know if the RFC-Ignorant RBL has a case for people who
reject <> or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

You might try mimedefang (a milter).  It gives you lots of
functionality you can use to reject or discard (quietly) messages at
different stages of the transaction.  You need to know perl, though
(you basically have to write the handling code for each stage).