Mailscanner-4.50.15.1 FreeBSD 5.4 not loading on boot

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 20:29:18 IST 2006

On 13 Apr 2006, at 17:13, Marc Dufresne wrote:

> I just upgraded my mailscanner package for FreeBSD 5.4 to
> mailscanner-4.50-15_1.
>
> For some reason mailscanner wil not load on boot. I receive an error
> message stating
>
> Starting MailScanner....
> MailScanner not found
>
> If I launch the script used at boot time manually
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh start
>
> It loads perfectly. This is the same file used at boot time. It
> doesn't
> seem that the permissions have changed.
>
> What could be causing this?

Have you added the appropriate lines to /etc/rc.conf? The start up
was changed to bring it in line with the FreeBSD start up format. The
exact details, including for your particular MTA are detailed in /usr/
local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy