Requeueing of Mails using Postfix

Jan Brinkmann lucky at the-luckyduck.de
Wed Apr 12 10:24:19 IST 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:12:49AM +0100, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Jan
>
> Can we have the versions of MailScanner and postfix please..
>
> Also what's settings of the System Settings section in MailScanner.conf?
>
> --

Of course:

postfix-2.2.10
MailScanner 4.52.2

The requested section of the mailscanner config:
<snip>

#
# System settings
# ---------------
#

# How many MailScanner processes do you want to run at a time?
# There is no point increasing this figure if your MailScanner server
# is happily keeping up with your mail traffic.
# If you are running on a server with more than 1 CPU, or you have a
# high mail load (and/or slow DNS lookups) then you should see better
# performance if you increase this figure.
# If you are running on a small system with limited RAM, you should
# note that each child takes just over 20MB.
#
# As a rough guide, try 5 children per CPU. But read the notes above.
Max Children = 5

# User to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
# If you want to change the ownership or permissions of the quarantine
# or
# temporary files created by MailScanner, please see the "Incoming Work"
# settings later in this file.
#Run As User = mail
Run As User = postfix
#Run As User =

# Group to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
#Run As Group = mail
Run As Group = postfix
#Run As Group =

# How often (in seconds) should each process check the incoming mail
# queue for new messages? If you have a quiet mail server, you might
# want to increase this value so it causes less load on your server, at
# the cost of slightly increasing the time taken for an average message
# to be processed.
Queue Scan Interval = 6

# Set location of incoming mail queue
#
# This can be any one of
# 1. A directory name
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in
# 2. A wildcard giving directory names
#    Example: /var/spool/mqueue.in/*
# 3. The name of a file containing a list of directory names,
#    which can in turn contain wildcards.
#    Example: /opt/MailScanner/etc/mqueue.in.list.conf
#
# If you are using sendmail and have your queues split into qf, df, xf
# directories, then just specify the main directory, do not give me the
# directory names of the qf,df,xf directories.
# Example: if you have /var/spool/mqueue.in/qf
#                      /var/spool/mqueue.in/df
#                      /var/spool/mqueue.in/xf
# then just tell me /var/spool/mqueue.in. I will find the subdirectories
# automatically.
#
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold

# Set location of outgoing mail queue.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming

# Set where to unpack incoming messages before scanning them
# This can completely safely use tmpfs or a ramdisk, which will
# give you a significant performance improvement.
# NOTE: The path given here must not include any links at all,
# NOTE: but must be the absolute path to the directory.
Incoming Work Dir = /dev/shm

# Set where to store infected and message attachments (if they are kept)
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Quarantine Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

# Set where to store the process id number so you can stop MailScanner
PID file = /opt/MailScanner/var/MailScanner.pid

# To avoid resource leaks, re-start periodically
Restart Every = 14400

# Set whether to use postfix, sendmail, exim or zmailer.
# If you are using postfix, then see the "SpamAssassin User State Dir"
# setting near the end of this file
MTA = postfix

# Set how to invoke MTA when sending messages MailScanner has created
# (e.g. to sender/recipient saying "found a virus in your message")
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail

# Sendmail2 is provided for Exim users.
# It is the command used to attempt delivery of outgoing
# cleaned/disinfected
# messages.
# This is not usually required for sendmail.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
#For Exim users: Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim/exim_send.conf
#For sendmail users: Sendmail2 = /usr/lib/sendmail
#Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail -C /etc/exim/exim_send.conf
Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail

</snip>