OT

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WoodMacLaw.com
Tue Apr 11 21:10:49 IST 2006

The building that I work in go hit by high wind and it has been closed
for 2 weeks now.  We are finally getting to be able to move our servers
to a remote location.  In case anyone is interested it is the Regions
bank building in Indianapolis, IN.

I am fairly confident that I can do this without help, but I am taking
the chance of posting here to make sure that I do not screw this up.

As far as mail is concerned ....

Mail is the only thing that I believe that will be affected by the IP
address change.
My Setup.

Internet --> Router --> MailScanner Machine --> Exchange server

Plan - Leave the MailScanner machine at the Regions Bankd building but
take the Exchange server to the new location.  All that I should have to
do is use the MailScanner machine to forward mail to the new IP Address
shouldn't I?

1. Change the mailertable
	Current
woodmaclaw.com          esmtp:[10.1.1.22]
www.woodmaclaw.com      esmtp:[10.1.1.22]
woodmclaw.com           esmtp:[10.1.1.22]
www.woodmclaw.com       esmtp:[10.1.1.22]

	Need to change to
woodmaclaw.com          esmtp:[new ip address of T1]
www.woodmaclaw.com      esmtp:[new ip address of T1]
woodmclaw.com           esmtp:[new ip address of T1]
www.woodmclaw.com       esmtp:[new ip address of T1]

2. Configure the new router to forward port 25 to the exchange server

Is that it?

Also should I put port fowarding for SSH so that I can remote into the
MailScanner machine in case I need to?

We do not host our own web site.  Is there any other services that come
to mind that would be affected by a IP address change?

Thank you in advance!
Billy Pumphrey