MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Easy-to-install Clam+SA upgraded to Clam 0.88.1

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Fri Apr 7 21:08:25 IST 2006

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Matt Kettler a écrit :
>> Denis Beauchemin wrote:

>>> Matt,
>>>
>>> Then I could merge the contents of the 2 files into one without breaking
>>> anything?
>>>

>> Yes, you could. But why would you want to?
>>
>> Keep in mind that every time you post problems that may be related to
>> plugins,
>> the SA community will tell you to check for a particular entry in the
>> default
>> .pre files, and if you forget to mention the merge/rename you may end up
>> confusing them.
>>

> Understood.

One qualification: the merged file MUST be a .pre file. It cannot be a .cf file,
otherwise you'll screw up the rule loading due to the parse order. (pre files
are read from the site_rules_dir before the default rules are loaded. cf files
are read from site_rules_dir after the default rules are loaded.)