MailScanner 4.50.15 not picking up new rules from sa-update

Adri Koppes adrik at salesmanager.nl
Fri Apr 7 08:30:46 IST 2006

Kai,

It seems to be sa-update downloads the rules into a separate directory.
Have you tried running spamassassin -D after running sa-update?
SpamAssassin should find the updated rules from the subdirectory and use them.
Next try running MailScanner with 'Debug SpamAssassin = yes' in your MailScanner.conf.
Did MailScanner use the new rules?
Sa-update seems to download all rules, but there are a few differences.
25_uribl.cf has uribl.com added and there is a new 80_additional.cf, which contains some rules to catch spam with attached gifs.

Adri.