Location of perl in #! of Mailscanner scripts

Bob Jones bob.jones at usg.edu
Thu Apr 6 18:05:40 IST 2006

shuttlebox wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Bob Jones <bob.jones at usg.edu> wrote:
>>      Next I go to run Mailscanner and it goes kablooey.  I get to
>> looking around and I see why.  Even though I specified an alternate
>> location of perl in the install script, all the Mailscanner perl scripts
>> (e.g. /opt/Mailscanner/bin/MailScanner ) point to #!/usr/bin/perl.
>> Shouldn't the install script change these headings to the specified perl
>> or am I missing something?  I can't just put a link in /usr/bin as the
>> legacy perl is needed for other things.
>
> I use a symbolic link on my Solaris systems, the legacy stuff uses
> hard coded paths so it doesn't depend on /usr/bin/perl.

While this is true, a symbolic link does fix it if you can replace the
perl that's there.  It just seems to me conceptually that you have an
install script that allows you to tell it where your perl lives, that
script should make the nescessary corrections to the perl scripts in the
  distribution so that they point to the location you give it.

--
Bob Jones
bob.jones at usg.edu
OIIT, The Board of Regents