Sendmail Upgrade, new thread

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Apr 6 15:51:13 IST 2006

Roger Jochem wrote:
> When this error occurs, I can se in my maillog messages like:
>
> MailScanner[9596]: Failed to link message body between queues
> (/var/spool/mqueue/dfi8R9KQqf010458 -->
> /var/spool/mqueue.in/dfi8R9KQqf010458)

I've had the exact same problem before, and since then I rarely leave
"max children =" set to more than 1 unless the server is quite busy.
Call me crazy but since MailScanner is so darn fast I would ask myself
if the slowness is related to lack of RAM or some other factor. There's
that, and there's also the fact that you can tell MailScanner not to use
SpamAssassin for messages larger than a certain size.

After googling around myself I found a guy having the same problem
because he was running a separate sendmail service which was getting
confused. Try stopping MailScanner, waiting a few seconds, and using "ps
-ax | grep sendmail" to see if there are any more instances running. If
there are, kill them and start MailScanner again.