Sendmail Upgrade, new thread

Roger Jochem roger at rudnick.com.br
Thu Apr 6 14:58:23 IST 2006

I'm rellating my problem again like Martin asked, to see if anybody could
help.

I upgraded sendmail from 8.13.1 to 8.13.6 last week. Since that upgrade, I'm
receiving some mails twice, one with no body (outlook shows <<< No Message
Collected >>>) and one complete mail (with the original body). Looktype in
MailScanner is (and already was before the upgrade) "posix".

My MailScanner is 4.52.2 and I'm also using spamassassin 3.1.1.

When this error occurs, I can se in my maillog messages like:

MailScanner[9596]: Failed to link message body between queues
(/var/spool/mqueue/dfi8R9KQqf010458 -->
/var/spool/mqueue.in/dfi8R9KQqf010458)

Shrek-m googled (I'm was told this is acepptable now : "googled") my problem
and found a similar one, and the solution was to decrease the max children
in MailScanner.conf to a single one.

I did that, but the obvious problem that this created is that when lots of
mails come in, MailScanner became extremly slow, and users wait 20 minutes
or more to receive a single message.

So, today I turned that back, to my usual number of childrens. And,
obviuosly, my problem returned, some messages are received twice.

Other info, Julian asked me for the info returned by
sendmail -d0.1 -d0.4 -bt < /dev/null

That returned:

Version 8.13.6
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LDAPMAP FSTATMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER
  MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS
  PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF SOCKETMAP STARTTLS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT
Canonical name: mail.rudnick.com.br
 UUCP nodename: mail.rudnick.com.br
 a.k.a.: mail
 a.k.a.: [172.16.0.1]

Another info I think may be usefull, is that before sendmail 8.13.6, postfix
was installed on my machine, but I wasn't using it. Trying to upgrade
sendmail to 8.13.6, it told me that sendmail conflicts with postfix. So I
removed it. I don't know if that has something to do with my problem...

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Roger Jochem