*CfMC-Spam= 5.73* *CfMC-Spam= 5.53* Question about from address

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 6 02:31:21 IST 2006

Jim Dickenson wrote on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:37:31 -0700:

> This is what looks wrong to me. I thought both of these should be the
> envelope email address.

Sorry, I haven't enabled logging that much, so I don't know what MailScanner
will show there. Do you let MailScanner add an Envelope-From? If so, what do
you get there?

> I use a MS rule to do the white-listing. That is not the real problem. The
> problem is that the MailScanner-From header does not have the envelope email
> address.

And that is the From from the header of the message or where does it come from?
As I said I don't know if it should match the Envelope-From since it's only
informational. Do your other whitelists work? I mean you could just have an
error in your whitelist entry?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany