OT: New MailScanner machine

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAInsurance.com
Wed Apr 5 16:20:16 IST 2006

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> Michele Neylon:: Blacknight.ie wrote:
>> Ken
>>
>> Someone else will probably correct me...
>>
>>> From what I recall you can do a minimal server install with just the
>> daemons that you need to run the software
>> You may need to have all the discs, but you wouldn't need to load
>> all their contents...
>>

> Actually all you will really need is the server CD if you're not
> interested in things like X, GNOME, KDE, etc. - and you can always
> "yum install" whatever else you need after you've finished. I've only
> had problems with bashphobic admins who insist everything must have a
> spiffy graphical interface; I usually calm them down by introducing
> them to Webmin.

Thanks to all who responded, and a special thanks to Alex, that's the answer
I was looking for. I never use graphical interfaces on *nix boxes... webmin
is only for my PHB (who doesn't use it anyway but feels warm and fuzzy that
it's there) :)

Ken Goods
Network Administrator
AIA/CropUSA Insurance, Inc.