RES: MailScanner: WARNING: You are trying to use the SpamAssassin cachebut your DBI and/or DBD::SQLite Perl modules are not properlyinstalled!

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 12:00:14 IST 2006

Mauricio wrote:

> Helo,
>
> I have the same warning: “You are trying to use the SpamAssassin cache
> but your DBI and/or DBD::SQLite Perl modules are not properly
> installed!“ . It´s working well, but I had to disable the spamassassin
> cache results feature.

Look for the word "Cache" in MailScanner.conf and you will easily find it.

> MS 4.35 was upgraded to 4.52 in RH 8.0, but I saw that install.sh
> could not upgrade/install perl-DBI-1.50-2.noarch.rpm and
> perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.30-1.noarch.rpm
>
> Problem with perl-DBI:
>
> **perl(Net::Daemon)****
>
> **perl(RPC::PlClient)****
>
> perl(Win32::ODBC)

As the output from the build of perl-DBI says, these are not critical
(and it is right, you don't need to install them for perl-DBI to install).

> I´ve downloaded and installed perl-Net-Daemon and perl-PlRPC (with no
> problem), but I could not find package for perl(Win32::ODBC).

You don't need it.

> Problem with perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker:
>
> Many files conflicts with files from package perl-5.8.0-88.3

That's because you already have a modern ExtUtils::MakeMaker installed,
you can ignore this too.

Hope that helps a bit.

> Anyone can help to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,