No SYSLOG No Mail Scanned

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Apr 5 08:54:55 IST 2006

Is it correct that should syslog die that MS ceases to process mail????
should it not continue on, on such a trivial error state?

Current version MS, all MS process defunct, I know it was working two
nights ago... Anyway after scratching my head for 10 mins i threw it into
debug mode and the problem was instantly evident, cant connect to syslog.

OK so it brought to my notice syslog died on our secondary MX :) but none
the less I think it's bad that it just queues the mail and dies off this
way.

--
Cheers
Res