Block null "from" in logs

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Fri Sep 30 15:52:04 IST 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Matt Hampton wrote:

>> Anyone can help me to make a rule to block e-mails that comes with
>> null from
>> in header (from=<> in mail.log).
>>

> If you are running sendmail and don't mind running milters you can use
> milter-regex
>
> http://www.benzedrine.cx/milter-regex.html

And, if you use mimedefang, you can use the filter_sender function.

(not knocking milter-regex, just saying that this is yet another thing
that mimedefang covers; so if you're going to do multiple things in
milters, it might be prudent to use one milter that does all of those
functions instead of multiple milters ... though, I honestly don't know
which which is faster)