new rules placement

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Sep 28 20:06:14 IST 2005

Jon Miller wrote:
> where do I place the new rules in the same location as /etc/spamassassin/local.cf or in the /etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour location?

/etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour is for RDJ's usage *ONLY*. You should not be using
it for your own rules. This directory used to support RDJ's ability to "roll
back" a ruleset if a new one fails to pass spamassassin --lint.

You can place your new rules in /etc/spamassassin/. SpamAssassin will read all
*.cf files in here, so you can use local.cf, or any other filename you wish as
long as it ends in .cf. These rules will be used any time SpamAssassin is
invoked, either normally or through MailScanner.

If you want to create SA settings that are only used with MailScanner and not
used any other time, those should be in
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf. When MailScanner runs, this takes the
place of the normal user_prefs file.