Old messages no being processed

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Sep 28 19:36:05 IST 2005

Terran Wright wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>Running CentOS4 Postfix, MailScanner 4.41.3, SA ClamAV & Bitdefender.
>
>Had a problem with disk space a couple days ago where the /var/dcc/log
>directory grew so large (about 8 Gigs) the disk became full. I deleted all
>the files in that directory and restarted mailScanner and thins were fine
>except for the thousands of mails backed up.

>2 Questions:
>1. What's the purpose of the files in the log directory and should I delete
>them regularly?

I don't know exactly why they are there but you can manage them this way:

   1. modify /var/dcc/dcc_conf : DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS=14 to a much smaller
      value (I use 5)
   2. copy misc/cron-dccd from your install dir to /etc/cron.daily

That way it shouldn't fill up your disk.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste