Old messages no being processed

Terran Wright wright at CYBERVALE.COM
Wed Sep 28 17:04:51 IST 2005

Hey Guys,

Running CentOS4 Postfix, MailScanner 4.41.3, SA ClamAV & Bitdefender.

Had a problem with disk space a couple days ago where the /var/dcc/log
directory grew so large (about 8 Gigs) the disk became full. I deleted all
the files in that directory and restarted mailScanner and thins were fine
except for the thousands of mails backed up.

My problem now is that it seems that only new mails are being processed and
the older mails in the queue are being neglected. The queue went down to
less than 2000 mails and has now gone back up to > 7000 mails. I've
implemented spamhaus, spamcop and various other rbls at the MTA level
temporarily to help clear up the queue however this is not helping.

This machine has been up for near 5 months and has managed it's load well
and has always been able to recover from downtime and backed up mails in
reasonable time.

2 Questions:
1. What's the purpose of the files in the log directory and should I delete
them regularly?
2. How can I ensure that the older mails are processed?

TIA for your suggestions