Sendmail configuration for gateway

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Tue Sep 27 21:56:19 IST 2005

I’ve got MailScanner/SpamAssassin/Sendmail set up to act as a
gateway to out Exchange server.  I setup the tables as instructed in
Wiki.  However, Sendmail keeps rejecting all the incoming email stating
that the user doesn’t exist.  Well, of course they don’t
exist on filter/gateway machine.  They only exist in the Exchange
environment.  How do I get Sendmail to just accept incoming mail for all
or against a frequently updated list of Exchange users?

Eric

When a person studies Bible and Mishnah . . . but is dishonest in
business, and does not speak gently with people, what do people say of
him? ‘Woe unto him who studies Torah. . . . This man studied Torah;
look how corrupt are his deeds, how ugly his ways.’"
-- Babylonian Talmud, Yoma 86a