MailScanner discussion on webmin mail list

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Sep 26 04:40:54 IST 2005

Craig White wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
> thread_id=8301109&forum_id=3156
>
> Anyone care to comment?
>
> MailScanner works fine for me (and postfix)

IIRC, the only developer of any of the MTAs which has made any public criticism
of the approach used by MailScanner is Wietse Venema, author of Postfix.

His objections were quite similar to those off the webmin list.

Postfix aside, I'm not so sure one can argue that sendmail's queues are
undocumented. Particularly when all MS is doing is moving mail from one queue to
another, with modifications to the data portion (df*) and not the queue
information (qf*).

*shrug*