[MAILSCANNER] MS 4.45.4-1 installation help

Alden Levy alden at ENGINENO9INC.COM
Thu Sep 22 00:26:51 IST 2005

Sorry for the duplicate messages.  I realized that I had written the
messages first from my mail program, then from the web interface, and--after
realizing that noone would get these messages--from the jiscmail interface.

In any event, I still have one problem, but it still looks like it's
working, namely:
        incoming sendmail: head: /var/run/sendmail.in.pid: No such file or
directory

There was no file named sendmail.in.pid, so I copied sendmail.pid over.
While the system works, when I check the status of MailScanner, I get:
Checking MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
         incoming sendmail:                                [FAILED]
         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]

However, I seem to have the same services running as I had this morning.  I
am able to send emails to accounts on this box from outside accounts, as
well as send emails from accounts on this box to accounts outside this box
(and, of course, emails between accounts on this box).

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Alden