[MAILSCANNER] Mails are not saving in quaratine folder

Nilesh Shastrakar nilesh.shastrakar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:44:33 IST 2005

Hello All,

Mailscanner is working fine on my system except with this bug.

I have tried to send mail with Eicar.com attachment, received the email
has been marked as Virus e-mail but couldnot saved message/attachement in
quaratine folder

Details of Hardware , configuration and Report Message

Hardware : P4 2.0 Ghx 512MB RAM 80 GB IDE

OS : Fedora Core 4

MTA : Sendmail 8.13.4-2

Virus Scanner: Clamav

Spam Scanner : Spamassassin

MailScanner.conf settings

# User to run as

Run As User =

# Group to run as

Run As Group =

MTA = sendmail

Incoming Work Dir Settings

Incoming Work User =

Incoming Work Group =

Incoming Work Permissions = 0600

Quarantine and Archive Settings

Quarantine User =

Quarantine Group =

Quarantine Permissions = 0600

Permissions of Folder

/Var/Spool/MailScanner/Quaratine

File Owner:root

File group:root

Permission:700

This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service

The original e-mail attachment "eicar_com.zip"

was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this
warning

message.

If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment, please

e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message

in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with

the contents of this message to hand when you call.