[MAILSCANNER] Quarantine folder Empty

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Tue Sep 20 17:24:32 IST 2005

Nilesh Shastrakar spake the following on 9/20/2005 8:24 AM:

>         Volume: 26,000 message/day
>
> *Average Load*: Around 1-2
>
> *Hardware: 1 x P4-2.0Ghz, 512 RAM, 80G IDE*
>
> *Software*: Fedora Core 4, Sendmail 8.13.4, SA, Clamav
>
> *RBLs*: MTA =  sbl-xbl.spamhaus
>
> *Virus Scanners*: ClamAVmodule
>

> I have Installed MailScanner on my test server with Clamav and Spamassassin.
> it working fine but I am having some problems , I have tried to send
> mail with Eicar.com <http://Eicar.com> attchment
> the mail has been marked as Virus e-mail but cant save removed
> message/attachement in quaratine folder
> The report says
>
> Warning: This message has had one omore attachments removed
> Warning: (eicar.com <http://eicar.com>, eicar_com.zip)
> Warning: Please read the :Test-Attachment-Warning.txt" for more inforamtion
> The original e-mail attachment eicar_com.zip belived to be infected by a
> virus and
> has been replaced by this warning message
>
> /Var/Spoo/MailScanner/quaratine/20050919 (message j8xxxxxxxx)
>
> But checking folder was empty it is not saved.
>
> How can I solve this problem
>
> Regards
> Nilesh.
If you copied the error message exactly, my guess is that there is no
such directory as /Var/Spoo.  Check your MailScanner.conf file and
verify that each directory in there actually exists, and is accessible
by the MailScanner user ( and is spelled correctly, case and all).

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |